Saturday, February 7, 2015

Chicken Soup

So I caught a cold! Ugh... this is what I made... Chicken Soup.  I usually throw in a squash, thus it would've been called "Chicken Squash Soup", but totally forgot about grabbing a squash while I was at the store, because I just wanted to get in and get out and get home and get back into bed.  Symptoms, scratchy throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, foggy thinking... this usually happens when the vog comes in from the Big Island.


And here's how I made it:

Ingredients:

  • Bonless Skinless Chicken Thighs
  • Tomatoes
  • Chinese Cabbage
  • Won Bok
  • Green Onion
  • Patis (Fish Sauce)
  • Shoyu (Soy Sauce)
  • Salt 
  • 1 Round Onion
  • Coconut Oil 1/2 teaspoon
  • Water
  1. Chop round onion into chunks
  2. Heat coconut oil in large pot
  3. Toss in chopped onion, and stir til' a little bit limpy
  4. Toss chicken pieces in... stir til' outsides are brownish
  5. Fill pot with hot water, til' about 1-1/2" above the chicken
  6. Cut tomatoes into chunks and toss in pot
  7. Bring to boil
  8. Lower heat and simmer
  9. Add Patis (to taste of your liking)
  10. Add Shoyu (to taste of your liking)
  11. Chop up cabbage pieces
  12. Toss all cabbage into pot, well, toss slowly, you don't wanna burn yourself with the water splashing out at ya! LOL!!  
  13. After veggies start getting limpy, toss in green onions. 
That's it!!  All pau... delish dish!!  Great for cold winter days or nights, and for colds period!!  Now to make me a bowl.  Eat as a soup dish, or eat over rice... I like to eat it over rice.  Can't help it, I'm Filipina!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment